2012년 9월 26일 수요일

In-Class Writing#1-Revised

Why Should We Escape from Hakwan?

In Korea, most mothers force their children to go to hakwans. So a student's schedule is full of school, hakwans, and finally the house. It makes students not think about their life, society , or the truth of the universe, etc. Students grown to think only about wealth, success and a beautiful spouse. I didn't want to be such a kind of man, so I used to escape from the hakwan.

In winter of 2006, when I was 11 years old, I didn't do any homework that hakwan teacher assigned me last class. Since I was a small-mind man, and the teacher would punish me whenever I didn't do homework, I went to the park near my house rather than the hakwan. Considering it was winter, I wore my coat and bike-gloves. After being ready for my winter adventure, I rode my bike.

At first, I went to the supermarket to buy some emergency-foods. I didn't expect this adventure would last long; however, I needed some food to live in cold weather. After that, I just rode my bike to nowhere. there was no destination. I felt cold winds and freezing snow. Suddenly, I realized that there's a man lying on the side of the park. He seemed dead at first. Fortunately, he was sleeping. Actually, I thought about calling an emergency car. But I'd like to ask "why are you here?". I put my coat on his body.

Reading the last chapter of my comic book, he woke up and said "who are you?". We started to converse. At that conversation, I asked him what happened to him and his home. After he ate my egg, he started to answer. by telling his story. He was a worker of a company He used to be given a salary every month. One day, the company president disappeared and gangs come to his company to demand money. They get all his fortune including his house.

It was startling for me to hear his past story. If I had gone to my hakwan and solved mathematical problems, I would have known what happened to the homeless man. Moreover, it was the day for my great-grandfather. If I had eaten warm foods at grandparent's house, I would never know how he was living in that cold weather.

In most cases real life itself gives us lessons, while a hakwan text book is limited, real life has various aspects of truth of this world. We can live our lives after facing the truth of the world. Therefore, I would like to encourage students to escape from hakwans and face the real world.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기